Monday, 28 October 2013

SLOG #3: I Need To Write More SLOGS

On this fine Monday night, I have decided to do a late blog entry on the past week or two.
Last week was one of those weeks where I spent every minute working on computer science-related stuff cursing the computer science-related stuff that needed to be worked on. Have I ever mentioned my heavy dislike for recursion? However, I did notice upon working on Exercise 5 that I am a lot more comfortable with it, and I'm sure my progress with the subject (the fact that I can now actually use it) would make my high school programming teacher very proud. The lab last week, however, was a complete disaster. It was two hours of brain-hurting unproductiveness, and resulted in my trudging back to the lovely Morrison Hall to collapse unceremoniously into bed. It was probably the most frustrating lab period I've ever had, and to be honest, I still haven't had time to go back and work through it in its entirety because of my full time occupation of being a U of T student with 4 other courses to keep on top of. (Today, I heroically finished my MAT137 problem set 45 minutes before it was due)

Nevertheless, I think I managed to grasp everything in the course thus far. Binary search trees, however, make me crave an advil and a good lie-down. I imagine it will be another head-spinning tutorial this week, and the exercise will be one of those things that requires a whiteboard, a large coffee, and 6 hours of my attention. On top of that, with the assignment looming ahead (that I really need to start on), it's safe to say I'll get to spend a lot of time focusing on computer science this week (and on my birthday weekend!). I guess as a computer science major, however, I can't say I didn't sign up for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment